Bering -30°C/ -22°F
- 32 individual baffles.
- Detachable zippered hood with adjustable Velcro.
- Draw-cords in collar, waist (down-filled tube) and hem.
- Added extra down to the shoulders.
- Full double zipper system backed by an internal, down-filled storm flap.
- One large inside pocket and two outside zippered pocket.
- Fully reinforced sleeves, cuffs and shoulder and waist (Velcro closure at the cuff).
Since the creation of Valandre in 1980, the Bering jacket has been the flagship of our high altitude range. Its 32 compartment construction keeps the 17.7oz (502g) of finest down exactly where it should be. The five triangle compartments around the shoulders are 'over-filled' whereas the lower part of the jacket has less density to allow more movement.
The double-front zip-system backed by a storm flap waist system and semi-elasticated draw cord in the collar offers great protection against violent winds making sure none of your precious body heat will get out! But when it gets too warm, several adjustment systems make sure your body is well ventilated.
The semi-tunnel hood is simply zipped on and by adding some Velcro to cover it up, this system is completely wind-protected. The hood also features a reinforced peak, which can be adjusted on the back of the neck.